Hardwood flooring, like all surface materials, requires regular care and maintenance. Here are some tips
to help preserve the beauty of your wood floor:
1. Sweep or vacuum your floor. Do not use a vacuum with a beater bar.
2. Use an approved hardwood floor cleaner, such as Bona, on a regular basis. Using a non-
recommended cleaner can cause build-up and/or dull the finish. Contact a professional if you
have any questions regarding a cleaning product.
3. Do not wet mop your hardwood floor and be sure to clean up any liquid spills immediately.
4. Use rugs at all exterior doorways to prevent dirt and grit from being tracked onto the floor.
5. Keep pet’s nails trimmed.
6. Apply felt pads to the undersides of furniture.
7. Do not slide furniture across the floor.
8. Be aware that high heels can dent the floor; especially if the bottom of the heel is in need of
Your hardwood floor is a big investment. And with proper maintenance, you can be sure you will enjoy
the return on that investment for many years to come.
You can find more information about Bona’s line of hardwood floor cleaners by clicking here: